Employers interested in establishing for-credit or non-credit programs of study for the development of their employees are invited to contact the Apprentice and Employee Development Center.
- Design of customized certificate programs for employees based on the College’s for-credit classes or will assist you in developing non-credit programs to augment existing college programs.
- In cooperation with the Virginia Department of Labor and industry, technical assistance with start-up of apprentice programs, including registration.
- Coordination of apprentice related instruction (ARI) for sponsoring employers.
- Incorporation of apprenticeship, company- and industry-specific training into custom Associate in Applied Science degrees.
CCWA will lead the effort to create/expand apprenticeship opportunities. Read more in the release from Governor Terry McAuliffe.
We assist employers, industry groups and unions with registered and non-registered apprentice and employee development programs, including classes in the following areas:
- Air Conditioning
- Architectural Engineering Technology
- Automotive Technology
- Building Construction
- Computer Numerical
- Diesel Mechanics
- Glazier Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Maintenance