We are transitioning to an online class format. Please fill in our interest form and we will send information as soon as it is available.
CareerStart prepares individuals who are starting out or starting over in the workforce. Build confidence, computer skills, and career credentials while training to work in local businesses that are hiring and growing. CareerStart offers free job training for the top industries in Richmond and Petersburg. Explore careers in customer service, construction, supply chain, and healthcare while sharpening reading and math skills, completing a GED (if necessary), and working with a Career Coach to identify the workforce training class of your choice. All supplies, tuition, and fees are free to students who qualify. Online GED and job preparation courses will be expanding this summer.
Do you qualify for FREE CareerStart certification training? Are you…
- Just starting out and need SKILLS recognized by an employer, or…
- Someone who can get a job but is searching for a CAREER, or…
- A parent receiving TANF or SNAP benefits and trying to get ahead, or…
- Unemployed or underemployed, or…
- Ready to commit to a SHORT-TERM certification training program…
NRF Customer Service Certification with Career Exploration
- National Retail Federation
Leads to careers in:
- Customer Service Careers: Hospitality, Culinary Arts, Retail Services, Call Centers, Office Specialists
- Healthcare Careers: Certified Nurse Aide, Medical Terminology, Patient Care Tech, EMT, Medical Coding, Pharmacy Tech
- Supply Chain Logistics and Warehousing Careers: Certified Logistics Associate, Certified Logistics Technician, Forklift Operator, Supply Chain Manager
*Join us for an online information session to learn more about our programs. Classes combine online learning with hands-on activities, video lectures, and independent projects. Prospective students will complete an eligibility worksheet, reading assessment and personal interview. Copies of your Birth Certificate, Social Security Card and Driver’s License will be required to show eligibility.
These programs are funded through the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act, the Virginia Department of Social Services’ Road to Success in Virginia (RSVP) Initiative, Capital One, Virginia Credit Union and other grant sources.
Program Locations: Reynolds Downtown Campus and Petersburg Technical Center
NCCER Core Construction with Career Exploration
- OSHA 10 Construction
- National Center for Construction Education & Research (NCCER) Core Certification
Leads to careers in:
- Building and Construction Careers: Apprenticeship, HVAC 1, Electricity 1, Building Construction Certificate