Community College Workforce Alliance (CCWA), Reynolds and John Tyler Community Colleges, Capital and Crater Regions’ Adult Education programs, and Goodwill of Central and Coastal Virginia are partnering to increase opportunities for young adults to rapidly gain the basic skills and credentials needed for readily available jobs offering career and wage growth.
Our Bridge to Career programs in the Greater Richmond and Crater regions provide FREE conveniently-scheduled training for occupations in demand by regional business and industry. Programs also include: basic skills, career coaching, preparation for interviews and employment, opportunities to earn industry certifications, digital literacy, and assistance finding the transportation and services participants might need to get to training and work. Participants also have placement specialists working with them to secure employment at the program’s end.
Currently offered programs train students for careers in health care, warehousing and distribution, customer service and construction occupations. Cohorts begin year-round. Programs are available for those with and without a high school diploma. Thanks to funding from several sources including the Strada Education Network, there is no charge for tuition, fees, books, supplies or support services such as transportation and childcare.
Reynolds Community College – Downtown Campus:
- Construction/Trades – NCCER – Core (Sep 10 – Nov 15; Monday – Thursday; Afternoon Sessions)
- Warehousing/Distribution – Certified Logistics Associate/CLA (Sep 17 – Nov 15; Tuesday – Thursday; Evening Sessions)
Petersburg High School:
- Health Care – Clinical Medical Assistant (Sep 24 – Jan 31; Monday – Thursday; Evening Sessions)
- Health Care – Nurse Aide (Sep 24 – Jan 31; Monday – Thursday; Evening Sessions)
- Warehousing/Distribution – Certified Logistics Associate/CLA (Sep 24 – Jan 31; Monday – Thursday; Evening Sessions)
- Warehousing/Distribution – Certified Logistics Associate/CLA (Sep 17 – Nov 27; Monday – Thursday; Afternoon Sessions)
For more information on the program, please complete the form below: