CCWA is excited to join Colliers and other industry partners to host the 5th Annual LogistX Games to be held Thursday, June 13, 2019, 9:00am – 1:00pm, at the Richmond Distribution Center, 4667 Carolina Avenue in Richmond. The competition allows local companies to showcase their skills and expertise in the supply chain and distribution industries. Colliers, Virginia Credit Union, and The Port of Virginia return as platinum sponsors.
The logistics industry is very competitive in Central Virginia, and the employees are the backbone of each company. The LogistX Games honors those companies and employees, while building awareness for new talent to enter the industry.
–Wes Smith, Interim AVP, Workforce Development
How do the games work?
There are four events in the 2019 competition. They are each designed to test the teamwork, talent, efficiency and speed of each competing company. The games mirror the types of environments which logistics professionals work, but they are presented with a “twist.”
Those games are:
- Pallet Puzzle Sprint – Three-person teams each take 36 different-sized corrugated boxes from floor locations, assemble them and stack them on a pallet. The team with the quickest time wins.
- Pallet Jack Relay – Three-person teams participate in a timed pallet jack relay race through an obstacle course while keeping the boxes on the pallet.
- Pick/Pack Hurdle – Three-person teams move boxes from the pallet to a warehouse racking system while memorizing positioning and SKUs in a timed race.
- Box Put –Teams will have packed one box with fragile bottled liquid items, in the Pallet Puzzle Sprint event, utilizing selected packaging material from various options. During the Box Put event, one team member will then throw the box for distance and accuracy without breaking the contents.
An objective group of volunteers will serve as judges for the competition. The winning company will receive the “Golden Pallet” award.
The warehousing and distribution industry is very strong in the Greater Richmond region, and employees are the backbone of each company. The LogistX Games honor those companies and employees, while building awareness for new talent to enter the industry. Sponsorship dollars raised for the games are used as scholarships for job seekers who want to obtain the Certified Logistics Associate (CLA) certification through the Community College Workforce Alliance and seek entry-level positions in the industry. For sponsorship information, participation in the games or the logistics certifications, see the information below.
Why Hold the LogistXGames?
First held in 2007 in Louisville, Ky., the games were created as a means for participating companies to build employee pride, foster teamwork principles and reinforce safety standards.
- Port of Virginia
- Niche Logistics
- CCWA Student Team
- Walmart Distribution
- Fort Lee
- Need Supply Co.
- Riverside Logistics
- Worth Higgins & Associates
Additional Sponsors Include:
Gold Level – Rite Hite, Arbon Equipment Corporation, ChamberRVA
Silver Level – Hourigan Construction, Sign Crafters
Bronze Level – TK Promotions, Manufacturing Skills Institute, Becknell Industrial, Lutron, Walmart Distribution
In-Kind – PAR, PeakLogix, Richmond Corrugated Box Company
Supporting Sponsors – Goodwill, Chesterfield County Economic Development
Host Sponsor – Liberty Property Trust
For sponsorship information, contact Wood Thornton at firstname.lastname@example.org. To join us in person or to learn more about the Certified Logistics Associate course, complete the form below: